Australian African Network (AAN) Inc. is a Sydney-based group for people who are in mixed African/non-African relationships, couples & families – and who are themselves mixed African & non-African heritage.
AAN was established in 2005 to support and strengthen connections between African and non African Australians, and between Australia and Africa.
Our aims are:
- to support mixed African and non African Australian families, including adoptive families
- to foster and encourage bilingualism amongst African-Australian children
- to foster communication and connection between African and non African Australians in diverse ways, including dialogue and discussion (seminars, workshops, conferences, meetings etc), arts, media, and social functions.
- to develop personal and community connections between groups and individuals in Australia and Africa
- to actively resist racism and support a multicultural Australia
AAN is currently being managed by a volunteer management committee of 3 people.
Co-Convenor – Suzanne O’Garey
Secretary – Cornel Robinson
Treasurer – Jill Sergeant
Projects and activities
Celebrating African Australians: Our regular social functions celebrate African communities in Sydney. See Events for details of what’s coming up.
For more info please contact: email@example.com or call Suzanne on 0401 869 106.